The legal industry is highly competitive. Clients seeking services can turn to global firms, smaller start-ups, or choose to create their own in-house department. In addition, the rise in freelance lawyers has allowed more complex work to be done at more competitive rates.
Law firms seeking to gain an edge in the market need to cultivate a credible and knowledgeable reputation. Well-researched pages can position a firm as an authority in its prospective niche.
How The Great Digital Shift Has Changed the Industry
Industries across the country have seen a digital shift since the start of the pandemic. Regardless of size, 74% of companies have moved most of their services online. Consequently;
- 40% of organizations have reported operating with less staff
- Larger businesses are concentrating their focus on client experience
- Smaller companies are shifting their focus to hiring talent and increasing employee retention
Legal firms have not been immune to the shift. The pandemic forced many firms to pivot and adapt to new technology. Small firms and sole practitioners resistant to technology have been pushed to rapidly adopt services to stay in business.
According to market analysis, the most significant technological influences on legal services include:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) allows firms to increase efficiency at lower costs
- Team collaboration software has enabled extensive documentation to be streamlined and completed faster
- Cloud services allow for substantial management of critical documents while allowing clients access through secure portals
- Big data analytics is expected to increase client-centered growth
Greater presence online and advancing technologies mean the legal market is anticipated to grow considerably over the next few years. The legal landscape is expected to increase at a rate of 4.4% each year from 2021 to 2028. Despite industry growth, remaining competitive remains an obstacle for most legal firms.
Is Competition in the Legal Field Hindering Growth for Individual Firms?
While innovative technology and increased demand for legal services will grow the industry as a whole, the digital shift has created new hurdles for individual firms to acquire clients. As a result, new strategies must be enacted.
According to a recent survey:
- 52% of law firms, regardless of size, see competition impeding growth
- 85% believed the same methods to acquire new clients have changed
- 23% admitted to not taking any initiatives to develop their practice or firm
Most of the competition hindering law firms involves:
- Client’s demand for lower costs for legal services
- Potential clients flocking to cost-effective, alternative legal service providers (ALSP)
- Demand for legal services outpacing talent
However, digital solutions are proving to be the answer law firms need to overcome competition hurdles. Most notably, high-quality content in the form of well-researched web pages.
Why Well-Researched Pages are the Solution to Competing Effectively
To help individual firms acquire new clients, having a strong digital presence may be the most valuable tool. According to data released by Google:
- 96% of prospects seek legal advice online
- 74% of consumers will visit a firm’s site to act
Firms looking to effectively compete will need to utilize the following three strategies for success:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Social media presence
- Brand awareness
Well-researched webpages provide greater SEO results, creates a conversation across social media platforms, and increases brand awareness by becoming a knowledgeable authority:
- Social media presence: Competing successfully in the digital world also requires a solid social media presence. While having followers is a way to gauge a firm’s exposure, it does little to measure the effectiveness of social media posts.
Instead, social media engagement indicates whether a law firm’s network generates leads and turns followers into prospects. The following metrics can monitor social media engagement:
- Number of shares
- Comments and replies on posts
- Being tagged in other posts
- Links opened from things that have been posted
Well-written and researched pages will connect with an audience and lead to increased shares, comments, and tags. Also, links back to a firm’s website help increase the chances of a prospect becoming a client.
- Brand awareness: Legal firms need to position their company as a source of authority. Providing continuous, well-researched content will solidify a firm’s credibility and make it a significant information resource. According to Customer Experience:
- 61% of prospects are more likely to become clients with a law firm that creates unique content
- It may take 5-7 impressions online for a consumer to remember your company’s brand
High-quality pages build brand awareness and encourage more prospects to visit a firm’s site and take action. However, it is equally as important to provide fresh, continuous content that is well-researched.
Filling a legal firm’s web pages with informative, credible, and quality content is the key to thriving in a digitally competitive legal landscape.
What Makes Cross-Country Creative Different?
Becoming an attorney is an extensive process that takes years of studying and interning to pass one of the most formidable exams in the country. However, that specialized knowledge does not always translate well when tackling aspects of marketing.
For example, suppose an attorney has years of experience in personal injury law. If asked to create web content, an attorney may:
- Use too much legal jargon, confusing and alienating the reader
- Give too much information away and remove the need for a prospect to call
- Fill pages with more information than a reader can handle, causing them to click away
- Miss opportunities to become searchable
However, hiring a professional content writer will produce the SEO results and site visitors needed to build clientele. Well-researched pages and high-quality writing is a talent. Professional writers know the value of consistent content creation with facts backed by credible sources.
At Cross Country Creative, we provide our clients with accelerated growth and market exclusivity by utilizing the effectiveness of well-researched pages. A consultation with a marketing strategist can better tailor a program for your needs.